Share it!Share on Facebook24Tweet about this on Twitter1Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Share on StumbleUpon0Share on Reddit0Email this to someone

San Guillermo Parish Church Bacolor Pampanga

In 1880, the church was destroyed by an earthquake only to be built by Fr. Eugene Alvarez in 1886. On September 3, 1995, Lahar flow from the slopes of Mt. Pinatubo which erupted into the world notice on June 15, 1991, buried the church at half its 12-m height prompting of its more than 50,000 town residents to evacuate to safer grounds in resettlement areas.

Gallery

Summary
Article Name
San Guillermo Parish Church Bacolor Pampanga
Author
Description
The San Guillermo Parish Church of Bacolor Pampanga was named after the town’s Patron Saint, San Guillermo. The Church was originally constructed by the Augustinian Friars in 1576 – also the town’s founding – with Fr. Diego Ochoa, OSA, as the town’s first parish priest having been installed as such two years after.

About the Author

Louie Sison

The co-onwer and administrator of Pampanga Directory. He also writes how to make money online at louiesison.com

Leave a comment